Thanks for stopping by the blog. As usual, I’ve hit a creative slump again hence another blog face lift. I can’t help it. I’m antsy. And a woman. And women are entitled to change their minds, right?
I’ve realized through countless blogging endeavors that there are many aspects of this creative outlet that I have come to love. Obviously I aim to share my day to day with friends, family, and loved ones, many of which are far away. But less obviously, I have come to realize that I actually enjoy the writing and sharing. I want to show you what I do, how I do it, and why it gives me a fulfilling life. Maybe, just maybe, I can inspire you to get your hands dirty, start something creative, and try new things with your own families. Weather I accomplish that through sharing a recipe, writing a story, or giving you all a how-to post about my most recent creative attempts, I hope that you are able to take away something inspiring from the musings of my mind.
First and foremost I am a wife and mother, but I am an art teacher at heart and can’t escape the need to enrich another person on a creative and inspiring level. “Mommy” is my only title for now, but who knows where life will lead?
Anyway, for those of you who don’t know much about my ordinary walk of life, here’s a little something to help you understand me.
1. I have two beautiful baby girls. L is 2 years old, G is 7 weeks old.
2. Our little angel baby, G, was born six weeks premature with a virus called CMV. Read more about it on “The Activist” page. It is now something I care greatly to educate people about.
3. Marrying my best friend, B, in 2009 was just the beginning of my own personal love story. By day he works in corporate affairs for BNYMellon, but by night he is a handsome hockey player, coach, and most of all, incredible Dad and Husband. I love him!
4. My Dad and I are hopeless chocoholics. L is turning into a mini chocoholic. If it’s chocolate, we want it.
5. I’ve never taken a cooking or baking class. I got it from my Momma!
6. I’ve had over 16 different species of animals as pets. Free cake if you can guess them all!
7. I am a certified scuba diver.
8. I was born in Minnesota, lived in Japan for five years, lived in Philadelphia for 12 years and now reside in Pittsburgh. I have traveled to over 20 different countries.
9. I have four brothers who I love dearly. The second of five children, I know first hand how amazing it is to have a large family.
10. I love getting new Nike sneakers.
11. Trueblood is my favorite guilty pleasure.
12. I still appreciate the art of handwritten thank you notes. My girls will know this art well.
13. Christmas is my favorite holiday owing largely to my family’s homemade gingerbread house tradition and gigantic fresh cut Christmas tree.
14. I am an Art Teacher.
15. I try not to posess items that I can collect. Collections get me crazy obsessed! My biggest collection at the moment happens to be our Christmas Ornaments.
16. I accidentally became addicted to Starbucks.
17. We have a crazy labradoodle named John Denver.
18. Our herb garden is near and dear to my heart. My husband does a great job maintaining it in the summer time. This year we are expanding and adding a veggie garden. I will keep you posted with our successes and failures. It’s a whole new world for us!
19. I love to entertain.
20. Crate and Barrel is one of my favorite places on the planet.
21. Food Network is always on in my house. Think of it as productive white noise. My 2 year old even knows who Giada is!
22. Patience is a virtue but it is not one of mine.
23. I’ve never had a surprise party.
24. I am blessed not in quantity of friends but in quality. You know who your are!
25. Family is the single most important thing in the world. Without family, you have nothing.